Freelance Project Manager
Interested in the cross-road between development and social entrepreneurship? Passionate about helping social entrepreneurs manage responsible e-waste recycling businesses in developing countries, engaging with companies to bring sustainable solutions? We might have the right challenge for you as freelancer.
WorldLoop is looking for an enthusiastic freelance project manager to join our dynamic team. The ideal candidate is willing to support an innovative organization in the field of electronics recycling and a circular economy.
You enjoy supporting recycling projects in East Africa & Congo, helping them with logistics and reporting, following up on their results and supporting them with knowledge available in the WorldLoop organization or in the broad WorldLoop Network. He or she will help our projects partners to build up the necessary capacity to become self-supporting.
JOB DESCRIPTION FREELANCE PROJECT MANAGER (18 months)
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Support existing projects, i.e. identify, evaluate and coordinate the needs of beneficiary partners in developing countries and provide operational assistance to the projects including monitoring & evaluation process (e.g. process reports, follow-up on project progress.)
- Facilitate transboundary shipment process of e-waste (i.e. obtain permits, organize container transports, handle administration with transport & recycling companies, maintain relations with related agencies and companies, stay apprised of changes in & procedures per country) and build capacity with our partners so they can do this themselves
- Provide administrative support and reporting of projects (e.g. process documentation, project follow-up, etc.).
- Prepare donor and stakeholder reports.
- KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT & ONLINE PLATFORM DEVELOPMENT
- Coordinate the creation of an online knowledge platform to share the knowledge of WorldLoop and the WorldLoop network with e-waste recyclers and other stakeholders in developing countries
- Enable content co-creation together with experts and local recyclers in order to build the necessary capacity on sustainable e-waste recycling
- OFFICE MANAGEMENT
- Support the administrative assistant in managing the accounts payable & receivable (e.g. generate invoices, follow up on payments, budget).
- Hands-on support with various administrative, ICT, facility and logistical tasks for the back-office of WorldLoop’s operations.
- To believe in WorldLoop’s mission and values and have a strong interest in sustainable business management, development & social entrepreneurship.
- To believe in the value of development cooperation through private sector support.
- To have a university or higher education degree (Master) in a relevant domain (business administration, environmental, social, commercial, project management).
- To have 5-7 years of relevant work experience in project management.
- To be fluent in English, French and Dutch.
- To possess strong analytical skills.
- To have strong internal and external communication skills.
- To be well-organized, detail-oriented and work efficiently.
- To be able to work both independently as well as part of a team.
- To be pro-active, dynamic, self-motivated and flexible.
The following qualifications are considered a strong plus:
- Experience working with actors in developing countries and good intercultural sensitivity.
- Work experience in developing countries.
- Experience with international logistics (packing/loading, inspection, permits, B/L, etc…)
- Certification Project Cycle Management.
- Employment as freelance contractor ranging between half and full time
- 18 months work contract (fixed term contract / freelance contract)
- A challenging job in a small, dynamic and young international non-profit organization (3 employees supported by many free-lance partners (accounting, communication, ICT, Tax & Legal, etc) and pro-bono counsellors, ambassadors and corporate partners).
- Competitive renumeration
- Candidate must be able to work legally within Belgium. WorldLoop is unable to offer work visa sponsorship.
- Duty station: Pleinlaan 5 – 1050 Brussels – Belgium (WorldLoop is sharing offices with Close the Gap, WorldLoop’s founder).
- Potential travel within Europe and field missions (mainly in sub-Saharan Africa) pending successful completion of a 6-month trial period.
- Immediate availability.
- All candidates should submit a cover letter including a motivation statement and CV with references
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
HOW TO APPLY
- Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com