2016 E-Waste Academy- Scientists Edition (EWAS)
Step (United Nation’s Solving the E-Waste Problem) is E-waste Academy – Scientists Edition (EWAS) is now accepting applications.
The E-waste Academy – Scientists Edition (EWAS) is a unique program that brings together 20-25 select researchers from social and physical sciences to look at e-waste with a truly interdisciplinary lens. PhD students, post-docs and early career researchers from around the world come together for an intensive 8 day program that includes expert lectures, hands-on workshops, field visits and groupwork. Since the first EWAS in 2009, it has become the foremost forum available to young scientists involved in e-waste research. The EWAS network spans nearly 100 EWAS alumni from top universities, across 30 countries. This year, the prestigious University of Limerick in Ireland hosts the EWAS.
WHO: 20-25 doctoral students, final year master students and post-docs currently researching on e-waste and related areas
WHAT: Coming together and share knowledge, interact with experts and gain a holistic view on e-waste, under the theme of “Criticality, Commonality, Circularity”
WHERE: University of Limerick, Ireland
WHEN: 13th – 20th August 2016
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 15th May 2016
Interested in participating? Applicants should submit:
• A research paper/extended abstract of 3-5 pages – excluding references
• A CV including a list of publications, presentations at conferences etc.
• A completed application form (download application form from website)
• Deadline for applications: 15th May 2016
• Participation fee: € 600 which includes all accommodation, meals, local travel and tuition during the EWAS.